Joelle brings a comprehensive knowledge base to her counseling profession. She studied biology and psychology at Albion College, and then completed medical school at Wayne State University followed by an internship in obstetrics and gynecology in Grand Rapids, MI. Her medical experiences included working in women's health and family planning, along with experience as being part of a hospice care team. She decided to focus on serving the mental and behavioral health needs of individuals and families by pursuing an MA in Counseling from Spring Arbor University. She has interest in counseling individuals (children, adolescents, and adults), couples, and families. She became endorsed as a Level II Infant Family Specialist to serve pre-natal women and families with children with newborn to age 5. She also has a passion for supporting parents to learn nurturing skills through parenting education and support.
Her education includes:
- Albion College, B.A
- Wayne State University, M.D.
- Spring Arbor University, M.A. in Counseling
- Behavioral Health Therapist at Child and Family Services
- Medical Director at Hospice of Little Traverse Bay
- Health Care Provider at Northwest Michigan Community Health Department
- National Certified Counselor (NCC)
- Infant Family Specialist (IMH-ll) Endorsement
- Nurturing Parenting (TM) trained facilitator
- Professional member of the American Counseling Association (ACA) and the Michigan Counseling Association (MCA)
- Member of Michigan Mental Health Counselor Association (MMHCA)
- Leadership Little Traverse-Class of 2007 and current mentor
- Child Abuse Council Board Member
- Volunteer member of the Great Start Collaborative and Social-Emotional Committee